Happy Penguin Awareness Day!
Our penguin population is dwindling.
In fact many species are on The Endangered List.
Which is why the world has two different days dedicated
to the acknowledgement of this amazing species.
January 20th is Penguin Awareness Day and
April 25th is World Penguin Day.
Protecting these creatures from extinction is a
global effort that must include everyone's participation.
To celebrate Penguin Awareness Day why not wear
the colors of our feathered friends.
Black and white outfits are classics and always make a statement.
Classic but Fun Pieces
A little More Causual
It is Penguin Awareness Day.
While dressing in black and white in support
of our feathered friends is fun.
We should also take a moment to learn
a few fun facts about penguins!
- Penguins do not have teeth.
- Penguins swallow pebbles and stones.
- Penguins find their food in the ocean.
- They tend to enjoy eating squid, fish, kill, and crustaceans.
- Penguins can also consume salt water.
2. Body Facts
- The average body temp of a penguin is 100 Fahrenheit or 38 Celsius.
- The temperatures do change depending on the species of penguins.
- Penguins are not born with waterproof feathers. This requires baby penguins to stay on land.
- Penguins are a flightless bird.
- They and are known to have more feathers then other bird species.
- Penguins lose their feathers once a year.
- Depending on the species a Penguins lifespan can be anywhere from 15 to 20 years.
- Many penguin species are capable of traveling up to 22 mph in the ocean.
- 3/4 of a Penguins time is spent in the water.
- Even though a huge amount of time is spent in the water Penguins are not capable of breathing underwater.
- Penguins sleep standing up.
Share your penguin knowledge with all of your friends
and don't forget to dress like a penguin!
Until next time.
Thavin & Marcob is a place where you are celebrated for being you!