Happy National Wear Red Day everyone!
Today is National Wear Red Day.
Which was created in support of Heart Disease Awareness
The day was created to inspired everyone to live a healthier lifestyle.
As well as raise awareness for Heart Disease.
You may also hear today being referred to as Wear Red for Women.
Today also goes by this name because Heart Disease is the number one cause of death for women.
Causes of Heart Disease
According to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention Heart Disease Risk Factors include;
3.Excessive Alcohol intake
5. Lack of Physical Inactivity
Healthy changes can be small and easy to make.
1. Make an appointment with your doctor to discuss your health.
2. Improve your diet, even if you just start with one meal a day.
3. Improve your physical activity. A simple 5 minute walk will help you both physically and mentally.
3. Find a support group to keep you heading towards your goal.
4. Don't forget to head back to the doctor, so they can monitor your progress!
I would love to hear your favorite heart healthy recipes.
Here is mine
1/2 cup oats
(Follow the directed cooking directions)
Once done cooking
Add 1 tablespoons Maple Syrup
( I like mine really sweet so I use 2 Tablespoons)
Top your oatmeal with
Almond Slices and Dried Cranberries
Then simply enjoy!
(* I do not know how heart healthy this recipe is. Therefore I can not guarantee its heart healthy nutrition value.)
Thavin & Marcob is a place where you are celebrated for being you!
Always Growing is our motto!
We cover lots of different topics therefore if you have something you want to see just
let us know!