Linen is in this Spring and we are loving it here at Thavin & Marcob!
Linen fashions have really made a splash this season and it is well deserved. You can find linen fabrics for virtually anything your heart desires. Linen napkins, tablecloths, bedding, blankets, pillows, and clothes. As many of you know fashion is where my heart lies, so I love that I am seeing such an incredible fabric being showcased in all different lights.
There are so many pros to count when it comes to linen fashions that it is quite outstanding it has not been given the acknowledgment it deserves sooner.
Here are five that I think really make linen worthwhile.
1) The fabric is made up of flax. All of the plants are used, it requires zero pesticides, and can flourish in environments of poor irrigation. Linen also
requires less water for production and produces less water toxicity.
2) Linen is outstandingly durable and long lasting.
3) I have four words for you; Air Flow, Quick Absorbency. Linen fabric is wonderful at keeping you cool and dry during those days spent adventuring outside.
4) What get's softer the more you wash it? Linen, it's actually amazing. The more you style your linen fashion and the more you wash them the softer they become.
5) Linen is Biodegradable and Recyclable. In my eyes, this is the best pro of linen. I love knowing that my linen fashions won't be tossed into some landfill later on when we part ways.
There are some cons that should not be overlooked when it comes to linen. Here are the three I think to pay the biggest disadvantage.
1) Linen wrinkles with ease. If you're not careful with how you fold your fashion. You could be looking at spending an additional 30 minutes in the morning steaming you modern and chic linen fashion.
2) Depending on how sensitive you are, linen can feel annoyingly scratchy the first few times your style it.
3) If you do not pay attention, your favorite linen pants just might be see through.
Linen is here and it is everywhere. For good reason no doubt, it is a fabulous fabric that is full of wonderfully unique charm.
Share your thoughts with us,
we would love to know what you take on linen fashion is.
Thavin & Marcob is a place where you are celebrated for being you!