It’s no secret that being a creative entrepreneur is a lot of work.
There is an abundace of information avaliable to anyone about how to get to the "top".
However the question we ask is, what does it really take to become a “Prosperous” Entrepreneur?
I have been working with Creative Entrepreneurs for more than 20 years. Many have been VERY successful and some have not been so fortunate. I have discovered that the Entrepreneurs that have found success. All shared some common traits or habits.
I have noticed in fact that 7 habits seem to impact their success the most.
3. Creative Entrepreneurs are active. As a Creative Entrepreneur or solopreneur chances are that you are a hermit. You sit behind a computer or are in your workspace for hours on end. Over time you start to feel the effects of working by yourself for extended periods of time. Keeping both your mind and body active is a great way to refuel your energy levels. Adding in a regular routine of exercise will not only help keep you healthy physically, but will also enrich your creative spirit.
4. Creative Entrepreneurs plan to plan. Making time to plan your successes is an absolute must. Never under estimate the power of a plan with time frames.
5. Find laser focus. For really amazing work to shine you have to give it the proper amount of focus and attention. Multitasking is pure cyanide to your creative business. Take on one thing at a time and focus on it with your whole heart, mind, and soul. You will not only find that your work is the best it can be, but you will find that you did it in a lot less time.
6. Work even when it’s hard. Having discipline to keep moving forward no matter how slowly you move, Is a key factor in making a Prosperous Creative Business. Running your own show is really hard, but continuing to work even when it is hard. Is a true trait of success. Check out my blog post about what to do when your motivation meter is running on empty.
7. Finally Prosperous Creative Entrepreneurs understand the power of self-care. When you are your CPO - Chief Prosperity Office. It is solely up to you to nurture the spirit that lives within. Be careful to not get caught up in worrying about what others are doing. Instead, nurture what drives YOU by taking time to eat, rest and reflect.
As a full time blogger and Creative Entrepreneur myself. I understand deeply how hard it is to strike a balance with business and creativity. Over the years I have come to realize more than ever it’s not about how MANY hours you spend at being successful. It is HOW you spend the hours at being successful. Take time to nurture your spirit and then apply that creativity to a real plan with time frames and measurable goals. With passion and drive you will find yourself a Prosperous Creative Business. As well as someone who is living a life they love.
X’s and O’s
4. ASK QUESTIONS
Don't be shy!
If your not sure how to do something or what something is, just ask.
I love using twitter for this. I have some of the best followers and they are always willing to answer questions.
5. BE PASSIONATE
Love what you do and it will never feel like work. It will be the grandest adventure of your life! Therefore when deciding what to do chose passion fist. It will help keep you motivated when you feel completly exhausted.
Share your tips and tricks!
I'm always looking for new ways to grow.
Dont forget we have a guest blogger on Friday and Monday!
So Make sure you bookmark us, your not going to wanna miss it!
Wishing everyone an amazing day,
Taking The Plunge
Today we are revisiting the list we created last week.
I am sharing examples of simplifed versions.
This way you have an idea of what mine sort of look like
and have something to compare your own too.
Thinking of Throwing In The Towel
Are you thinking of
Throwing In The Towel?
I know that things can become very difficult very quickly when your starting a new startup!
The hours seem never ending, the pay sucks and the responsibility is huge.
This list was a little bit harder for me to do, only because I have not actually reached that point in my journey with Thavin & Marcob. I do believe that the majority of small business owners and entrepreneurs at some point in time consider throwing in the towel. Either business is not preforming as expected or the obstacles of a new startup seem overwhelming. I'm here to assure you that everybody has this experience at one point or another. Yet in this very strong vulnerable moment, you still have all the power!
Your motivation is within you. Therefore it's all about how you see things.
Lets hustle through our list and see what it shows us.
When comparing my list of obstacles and Hell Yeah moments.
I could physically see my accomplishments!
I figured out social media and inturn I made my first sale.
I was able to accomplish this task with lots and lots of research
as well as asking copious amounts of questions.
By taking the time to learn about different marketing strategies and SEO,
My voice became stronger and I learned how to share it with others.
My confidence began to grow every time I interacted with other
small business owners or artisanal suppliers.
Therefore when comparing my obstacles and
Hell Yeah moments I realized that I had actually
accomplished quite a lot in a short amount of time.
As for my now or never moment, I think we're lucky to have these moments.
You know your having one when you can feel the anticipation of adventure coursing through your veins. It's accompanied with the urge to move, to do, to accomplish that one task that will set you on your new found path.
Its this feeling that pushed us to
Take The Plunge
Until next time!
Thavin & Marcob
The end of the week is here!
If you have been following along with the blog this week keep adding to your list.
We are going to finish those up next week.
If this is the first blog you have seen in awhile, head back two article.
That way you can chatch up to what it going on.
Today we have a guest blogger.
Fatema Karin from
5 Smart Time Management Tips For Small Business Owners
We all talk about it, we hear it but how do we track our time the proper way? Can
time really be tracked? No matter where you are in life, our past experiences become a blur with time. If you are not taking active action in your life, it’s you who are being affected. The time goes on regardless. This is especially true if you are focused on growing your business everyday. You want to make sure time is managed efficiently allowing you to have the freedom that you truly desire. Today I will share with you 5 Smart Time Management Tips that I use daily in my life and my businesses and how they can help you with your productivity as well.
1. Planning well: Planning and time management goes hand in hand. If you want to make the most use of your time in your business, planning has to be the forerunner to your activities. There are many different apps that you can utilize to plan your travels and your visits. But I usually just write things done in Evernote. Which takes me to the next tip,
2. Simplifying: Simplification is the key to effective time management. If there is something that you do often, look for ways to cut down on the steps, the process, the unnecessary items that’s weighing you down. This is not only going to cut down on your time to do a particular activity but it can also be freeing as well.
3. Automation: I have spent over a decade on my corporate job creating automation process around software development. So you can say that it’s my forte. Even in my personal life, I love to automate things whenever possible. This allows me to focus on things that are important. When you are a business owner, it’s even crucial that you automate. Look at your process and your systems. Take a moment to go through and see what can truly be automated. If you are doing things that are repetitive in nature and are error prone, chances are you can and probably should automate them.
4. Eliminate: One of the nicest things about being a small business owner is that you are evolving. So it’s essential to eliminate things in your life or business that do not serve any purpose. For example: it can be a tool that you have been using that isn’t providing the result or system that you have been following that hasn’t been effective. Eliminate, look for alternative, and move on. Life is too short to dwell on things that are time consuming and does not serve our need.
5. Take action: Not taking action actually takes up a lot of time. If you want to go for something in life you have to take actions. Staying in one place without taking actions will eat up valuable time because the more time it takes to do something, the difficult it becomes. Take advantage of flows, the motions in your life. If you are moving, keep moving. Don’t let inaction paralyze you.
Finally, I can go on and on about time management and how it can help you as a business owner. But I will stop here because I want you to take these steps and truly assess where you can better manage your time. You have taken that step towards living the life of your dreams, make every moment count. As Peter F. Drucker once said: “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else”.
Author bio: Fatema Karim is the founder of bizempowered.com, a multidisciplinary web design, marketing, coaching and consulting firm that supports small businesses. Her greatest expertise revolves around teaching other entrepreneurs how to stand out from the crowd and get their brands known. She enjoys combining these knowledges and delivering the best creative solutions to her clients and their audiences. Also, she is an avid coffee drinker and loves traveling to new places.
Success is a big word, if you think about it.
To some a new client may be a successful day, or maybe it's just getting to work on time.
If your a person that needs to see your acomplishments every day then a To Do list may be right up your ally.
Checking things off one by one is the perfect way to see your accomplishments.
Persoanlly I feel that the To Do List is overwelming.
I love to write down all of my accomplishments as I get them done.
That way when my day is hectic and I feel like I'm in a million places doing a million things.
I can look at my list and know that i am getting things done
While it is great to get things done right away.
I do love letting things sit for a minute.
This gives me the chance to approach somthing with fresh eyes and a clear head.
Success is hard to measure for each individual person.
In my oppion it's circumstances.
Life determines how you measure success.
I started Thavin & Marcob with a clear picture of how I wanted my company to be and how I wanted it to be seen.
However I have noticed that it has grown into something that I never imagined.
In turn my measurement of success changed.
On Monday we wrote a few list to determine
if you where ready to Take The Plunge or
if you where thinking of Throwing In The Towel.
Today were going to take our lists and we are going to reread them.
Don't add anything just read it.
Once you have reread your hard work.
It's time to pull out a clean sheet of paper and start a new page.
Taking The Plunge Readers:
Label your page
Create three colums.
Label your Colums
How will your business benifit your community?
Is your community local or online?
Can You benifit both of those catagories?
What are your hopes and dreams?
Will Starting your business help you reach these goals?
Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone?
How will you personally benefit from taking the plunge?
What kind of personal growth will you receive.
Are you willing to grow?
Write everything you can think of.
Nothing is too small or too big.
My suggestions should lead you to your own self discovery.
Try to answer every question that pops into your head while your writting.
Are you thinking of throwing in the towel?
If you visited us on Monday then you have a few writing activities already done.
This is where you zre going to build on them.
Reread what you have.
Do not add anything, just reread it.
Pull out your nice new crisp piece of paper and lablel it
Create three collums on your paper.
What have you learned about your community local and online?
What did you contribute to your community over this last year?
What have you learned about yourself?
What does your persoanal growth look like for the last year?
How did you benefit?
Was your personal growth strong?
Did your company portray you?
We Have done alot of self discovery the last few days.
So we are going to let these list sit and revisit them next Monday.
If something comes to you between now and then add to the list.
Remember Nothing is too small or too big.
We Asked Social Media How They Measured Success & This Is What They said
Don't forget we have a guest blogger on Friday!
Until next time,
Happy Monday everyone!
Today we are starting a new blog seriers on
Taking The Plunge
The hoildays are fast approaching and that means the new year is just around the cornor.
Are you ready to
Take the Plunge
and start your own Bussiness?
Maybe you did this year and it wasn't everything you hopped it would be.
More obstacles to overcome then you ever expected and now your thinking you may have to move on to something new, or just throwing in the towel.
Well I'm hoping this short two week series will help you out!
Are You Just Thinking About It?
If Your Thinking Of Taking The Plunge
There are a few activities you can do to determine if this is in fact your new adventure.
Take time to write down a Pros And Cons List
Don't dwell on the answers you write down, once your satisfied with the list put it off to the side.
Write down One,
Just One Paragraph of what you would love to do.
What service, what kind of business would you love to run/own
Create a list of your strengths and weakness
For example my strengths would be creatively but my weakness is social media
I literally had never used twitter or Instagram till the launch of
Thavin & Marcob
How many hours can you realistically put into your new venture?
Will this be a part time gig or are you going all in?
How will you manage your time?
Do You have a support system in place already?
If not this is not a deal breaker, this is just about discovering different avenues to success.
If you have one that is amazing news!
If you need one guess what they are easy to find.
Spread It Out
I would recommend spreading out these activities.
Do them when your relaxed and ready to just focus on you for a few minutes.
These are not extremely long activities but they will help you create a fuller picture.
Hopefully to understand more of where your goals are.
If your already up and running and thinking of throwing in the towel, I have a few activities for you as well.
My hope is that these activities will help you see a clearer picture of your efforts.
Which can be really hard to maintain when your just starting out.
Create a list of obstacles you have faced thought your startup.
Write them all down and then walk away from it.
We will come back to it shortly.
Create a list of
Hell Yeah Moments
You know the ones I'm talking about.
Those moments where your sitting back beaming because
You just did that
Write one paragraph
About why you decided to take the plunge and start your own business.
Time to go back to that first list
Take your obstacles and right next to them write how you overcame your obstacles.
If you have any that are still in your way and you have not been able to work around them
that's okay because that will take us to
Utilize your support to discover different avenues to work around your obstacles.
If you have been going about this alone well its time to step it up and find some support.
Support is important.
Just having someone to bounce ideas off of helps clear your mind.
Is a great place to look for local business groups
But if Time management is an issue for you
Facebook groups are huge. I see lots of collaboration happening in the groups I belong too.
My all time Favorite place is Twitter.
I know that there is this cutthroat
image that comes to mind when you think of the corporate world,
Yet, I find that the majority of the time
People are still kind.
They still want to help and trully If you ask for a little bit of guidence from someone with expirence they are more then willing to a share it.
I have even had some say hey I just read this great article and share the link. SO don't be shy reach out.
On Wednesday we are talking about
How To Measure Success
and we have a guest blogger on friday who has some fantastic tips for
Thavin & Marcob is a place where you are celebrated for being you!