It’s no secret that being a creative entrepreneur is a lot of work.
There is an abundace of information avaliable to anyone about how to get to the "top".
However the question we ask is, what does it really take to become a “Prosperous” Entrepreneur?
I have been working with Creative Entrepreneurs for more than 20 years. Many have been VERY successful and some have not been so fortunate. I have discovered that the Entrepreneurs that have found success. All shared some common traits or habits.
I have noticed in fact that 7 habits seem to impact their success the most.
3. Creative Entrepreneurs are active. As a Creative Entrepreneur or solopreneur chances are that you are a hermit. You sit behind a computer or are in your workspace for hours on end. Over time you start to feel the effects of working by yourself for extended periods of time. Keeping both your mind and body active is a great way to refuel your energy levels. Adding in a regular routine of exercise will not only help keep you healthy physically, but will also enrich your creative spirit.
4. Creative Entrepreneurs plan to plan. Making time to plan your successes is an absolute must. Never under estimate the power of a plan with time frames.
5. Find laser focus. For really amazing work to shine you have to give it the proper amount of focus and attention. Multitasking is pure cyanide to your creative business. Take on one thing at a time and focus on it with your whole heart, mind, and soul. You will not only find that your work is the best it can be, but you will find that you did it in a lot less time.
6. Work even when it’s hard. Having discipline to keep moving forward no matter how slowly you move, Is a key factor in making a Prosperous Creative Business. Running your own show is really hard, but continuing to work even when it is hard. Is a true trait of success. Check out my blog post about what to do when your motivation meter is running on empty.
7. Finally Prosperous Creative Entrepreneurs understand the power of self-care. When you are your CPO - Chief Prosperity Office. It is solely up to you to nurture the spirit that lives within. Be careful to not get caught up in worrying about what others are doing. Instead, nurture what drives YOU by taking time to eat, rest and reflect.
As a full time blogger and Creative Entrepreneur myself. I understand deeply how hard it is to strike a balance with business and creativity. Over the years I have come to realize more than ever it’s not about how MANY hours you spend at being successful. It is HOW you spend the hours at being successful. Take time to nurture your spirit and then apply that creativity to a real plan with time frames and measurable goals. With passion and drive you will find yourself a Prosperous Creative Business. As well as someone who is living a life they love.
X’s and O’s
Thavin & Marcob is a place where you are celebrated for being you!