The end of the week is here!
If you have been following along with the blog this week keep adding to your list.
We are going to finish those up next week.
If this is the first blog you have seen in awhile, head back two article.
That way you can chatch up to what it going on.
Today we have a guest blogger.
Fatema Karin from
5 Smart Time Management Tips For Small Business Owners
We all talk about it, we hear it but how do we track our time the proper way? Can
time really be tracked? No matter where you are in life, our past experiences become a blur with time. If you are not taking active action in your life, it’s you who are being affected. The time goes on regardless. This is especially true if you are focused on growing your business everyday. You want to make sure time is managed efficiently allowing you to have the freedom that you truly desire. Today I will share with you 5 Smart Time Management Tips that I use daily in my life and my businesses and how they can help you with your productivity as well.
1. Planning well: Planning and time management goes hand in hand. If you want to make the most use of your time in your business, planning has to be the forerunner to your activities. There are many different apps that you can utilize to plan your travels and your visits. But I usually just write things done in Evernote. Which takes me to the next tip,
2. Simplifying: Simplification is the key to effective time management. If there is something that you do often, look for ways to cut down on the steps, the process, the unnecessary items that’s weighing you down. This is not only going to cut down on your time to do a particular activity but it can also be freeing as well.
3. Automation: I have spent over a decade on my corporate job creating automation process around software development. So you can say that it’s my forte. Even in my personal life, I love to automate things whenever possible. This allows me to focus on things that are important. When you are a business owner, it’s even crucial that you automate. Look at your process and your systems. Take a moment to go through and see what can truly be automated. If you are doing things that are repetitive in nature and are error prone, chances are you can and probably should automate them.
4. Eliminate: One of the nicest things about being a small business owner is that you are evolving. So it’s essential to eliminate things in your life or business that do not serve any purpose. For example: it can be a tool that you have been using that isn’t providing the result or system that you have been following that hasn’t been effective. Eliminate, look for alternative, and move on. Life is too short to dwell on things that are time consuming and does not serve our need.
5. Take action: Not taking action actually takes up a lot of time. If you want to go for something in life you have to take actions. Staying in one place without taking actions will eat up valuable time because the more time it takes to do something, the difficult it becomes. Take advantage of flows, the motions in your life. If you are moving, keep moving. Don’t let inaction paralyze you.
Finally, I can go on and on about time management and how it can help you as a business owner. But I will stop here because I want you to take these steps and truly assess where you can better manage your time. You have taken that step towards living the life of your dreams, make every moment count. As Peter F. Drucker once said: “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else”.
Author bio: Fatema Karim is the founder of bizempowered.com, a multidisciplinary web design, marketing, coaching and consulting firm that supports small businesses. Her greatest expertise revolves around teaching other entrepreneurs how to stand out from the crowd and get their brands known. She enjoys combining these knowledges and delivering the best creative solutions to her clients and their audiences. Also, she is an avid coffee drinker and loves traveling to new places.
Thavin & Marcob is a place where you are celebrated for being you!